When you are thinking of a long-term traffic potential in strategies related to marketing, then SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and content marketing offer great returns on the investment. The two are great and offer great returns on the investment that you make over time. They come without any risk as long as they are executed in the correct manner. The main disadvantage with the strategies is that they take so much time if they are to be done correctly to offer positive ROI (Return on Investment). It can take so many months to create. This is not appealing to people setting up new sites because they need traffic as fast as they can get it.
So, what happens when the traffic you expect doesn’t come as fast as you want it to? Some options can be considered to make this possible. You can choose the one, which you feel, will work best for you. They include:
1. Guest posts: this serves many functions, but there are two points that make it a great way to get gains. A guest post connects you with some of the authorities that have already been established and have audiences they can work with. There are some of the people who have an amazing readership and this means that your brand is featured as well. You can use visibility. However, when a publisher is too visible, then being featured becomes an issue. Set sights on something smaller so as to get the best returns.
When you have content that is valuable and authoritative, you will definitely get a flow of users to the site. The guest posts can work on a long-term for marketing content and also for SEO.
2. Social media audience: the social audience can be very unpredictable and building it can also be hard. However, when priorities are well thought out, you can get a very effective and a fast method of scaling the user base. On social media, one engages with people in a direct and one on one manner. The content you deal with can be used so as to attract audience an in a natural manner without the need for ads. This in a way funnels traffic and you get to engage with people one on one.
Engaging with social users by sharing and liking posts and then getting into conversations, you can introduce the brand to them in the most natural way. You will have to work so as to get this started. Within some time, you will find that your audience will grow and the following will attract other like-minded people facilitating even further growth.
3. Leverage the influencers: the publishers who have a high profile offer an amazing shortcut to getting a great audience. The influencers basically work in the very same way. Here, you will be engaging with individuals rather than hosting clients using external sites. Influencers can be found through crawling social media as well as searching. Share your work and ask the followers some questions so as to encourage engagement. You can also work on showing them that you have some interest in their work. This helps and you may realize that your content is being shared on their platforms without your needing to ask for it. Nurture the relationships that you create with the influencers as this will tap so many resources for your brand and you will definitely do so much better.
4. Paid ads: this may not be a favorite for many, but it is still a strategy nonetheless. It actually comes with a very low long-term potential and you have to pay upfront so as to stream on the sites you want. The best thing is that the stream is guaranteed and you may actually get more traffic. However, if you withdraw the budget, then the ads also go down as well, meaning the stream is now defunct. Advertising is a great strategy and it is profitable and fast, but it does not have the greatest growth potential or the gains that other strategies have to offer.
5. Promotions and contests: you should consider running promotions and contests. These are very much alike to the paid advertising. The investment has to come up front. You can use something of value and then ask the users to engage so as to enter the contest. This can include things such as sharing or liking the posts on social media. The contents are a powerful tool because they spread easily and naturally. In this way, you get quick visibility, you may get a long-term benefit on social media, and your brand is promoted even further. Find the correct content and make it valuable, interesting and original to get real demographics.
The one thing that everyone has to bear in mind is the fact that fast traffic does not mean that you are getting good traffic. It is always not an indication that your investment is getting good returns. When you compare it to money, then content marketing and SEO beat the paid advertising when there is proper positioning. With time, you get better returns when you invest correctly.